Fine tune Process monitoring

Hi all,

I’m trying to fine tune the process monitoring in order to reduce the amount of rules I’ve currently configured.
In this way, I’m now grouping process name: %s, but now I’ve a doubt. Is there a way of also doing this for the user that is running the process?
I’ve tried, %u, and then in the system user I’ve added .*(user1|user2), but if I do so, then it writes the description with both user1user2.

My achieve is to have 2 services, like procname1_user1 and the other procname2_user2.
Currently I’m getting procname1_user1user2, procname_user1user2.

Is there a way of solving this issue…

Cheers

Just one more detail to clarify my idea.

I’ve 20servers, I want to grab from each of them all the process that are executed by 3 users. In the description of the process I would like to have the user and process name. then I would group the 20 servers in one rule, instead of having 60 rules, one set of 20 rules per user…

Hi all,

I’ve achieved a workaround for this issue.
In the option of “Name of operating system user”, I’ve selected “Grab user from found process”, this way the %u is working fine…

Meantime I’ve other issue and this one is not easy to solve, at least until now, I didn’t figure out any solution or WA(workaround).
If we user regular expressions for matching process name, how can I add also an alias to each option?
The regular expression is currently .(proc_name1|proc_name2), I would like to do something like this, .(proc_name1 proc_name1_alias|proc_name2 proc_name2_alias)

Anyone knows if this is possible?

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.