Fritzbox special Agent broken after update from 2.0.0p3 to 2.0.0p12

Hi Forum,

I came across a weird error message after updating a customer Checkmk Enterprise site from 2.0.0p3 to 2.0.0p12 (latest).
Everything went smooth but I now have the Check_MK service in an UNKNOWN state with the following error message:

Unable to check agent version (Agent: unknown Expected: ('at_least', {'release': '1.5.0p12'}), Error: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'unknown')

Affected are only Fritzbox hosts:

Hosts are getting checked with the FRITZ!Box special agent.

Getting the data is also not a problem. (Worked for years now :sweat_smile:)

I saw this topic on the forum and this resulting Werk, I have the gut feeling that it has something to do with those changes. Possible Bug?! Maybe someone had this problem too or got any ideas to resolve it.
Any help is appreciated. :grinning:

Thanks in advance!
Norm

The Bug is somewhere else :slight_smile: and existing since some time.

Inside lib/python3/cmk/base/checkers/agent.py the system checks for the agent version. If you have now a special agent who outputs something like the actual Fritzbox an OS value but no version this code checks if the version field as a specific content.
And here is the problem it checks for the wrong values. Only for “(unknown)” and “None” but the actual output is “unknown”.

Quick solution → edit the file
Line 295 to

if agent_version in ['(unknown)', 'None', 'unknown']:

I will make a small pull request. This check only happens if an OS value is present.

Short solution without modify the code → remove non agent hosts from the version check - as this ones are usually skipped

EDIT: PR done

2 Likes

Hi @andreas-doehler
thanks for your feedback!

I’ll try to use the the work around and give you feedback. Thanks for the Pull request → https://github.com/tribe29/checkmk/pull/403

Looks like I have to wait for the Checkmk 2.1 version :upside_down_face:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.