Generate alert from combined metrics - Total bandwidth across multiple links

We have 4x ISP links, and while we can already graph these together (total bandwidth), we would really like to alert on this as well (e.g. send a warning when we are at 75% total capacity).

Is there a way to do this?

We are also using Grafana, which does a great job of combining graphs, but isn’t able to alert on CMK datasource information sadly.

Any ideas would be welcome, thanks.

Hi,

sounds like you need @r.sander’s perfcalc from Checkmk Exchange :slight_smile: // src: check_mk_extensions/perfcalc at cmk2.0 · HeinleinSupport/check_mk_extensions · GitHub

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, and yes that looks interesting indeed.

We tried to install it on out 1.6 install though and it failed to load. From the “reviews” section of the plugin someone else comments that it doesn’t work correctly for 1.6.

We will take a look and see if we can find what the issue is. Thanks for the suggestion!!

Hi,
I think you’ve downloaded the plugin for Checkmk 2.0. The link for 1.5 (1.6) is https://github.com/HeinleinSupport/check_mk_extensions/tree/cmk1.6/perfcalc

Karl

I was out of the office for a few days. I can confirm, we used that version (for the 1.5) and indeed…it doesn’t install correctly and gives the error shown above. I guess something between 1.5 and 1.6 has changed and needs updating.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.