Grafana with Check-mk

Hi ,

We are looking into running a Grafana Installation for some Check-mk Metrics. We are very new to Grafana and managed to install and get the Data Source running . But now we are at a state where this seems to be getting complicated. ( 2.0.0.p9 CEE , Grafana 8.3.3 )

Our Use Case is to show a specific “Customer” 300 Services in Grafana . Those Services are Interfaces from Specific Switches/Router . We have a Service Group in Check-mk for this , and also made a cmk Portal View there to show it . But we would prefer to “offload” those to a Grafana Dashboard . If this makes sense and is “buildable” in a reasonable time .

My first trial and Error’s shown different “Problem’s” getting this done .

• How to get a Live Status in Grafana from an Interface if it is UP or !=UP
  • The Customer view on the Service MUST be the Service Description , not the Service .
  • I was not able to use variables in my first tries . ( to “template” host and services with pull down … )
  • This needs automation from the defined Service Group in check-mk .
  • Of course the Grafana Dashboard User has not way to see other Host / Services .

The Dashboard needs a Status Page ( Summary of UP / Down Services, + Show Down Services ( Service Description , not the Service Name )) and a Performance Page with DropDown / search for Service Description to show Service Interface Traffic .

Also it seems that the a new Grafana Integration is in its works. Will this get me closer what we need and should look into this ? Would it not be possible to setup a Status enumeration rrd on check-mk for those services and/or hosts state and use it in the grafana plugin as Status Data ? ( a very beginner question i think gg )

I have read several other posts here, but i have tried to put it a bit together what i think are “real” useful Demands from the “field” .

Currently i have the feeling that this could not be done within a reasonable time / effort … But i would be very happy if anyone proves me wrong !

Thx for reading :slight_smile: .

Dietmar

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.