HANA - sap_hana.cfg

Thanks.

The Log SAP HANA Alerts for x has this check manual in the GUI:

This check processes the output of agents with the logwatch plugin. The windows agent […]. The logwatch extension of the Linux/UNIX agents needs a configuration file that lists all relevant logfiles and lists possible log lines that should result in warning or critical state. The windows agents […].

Relevant log messages found by the agent are stored locally into a text file. The check is critical, if at least one new or old log message exists that is classified as critical. If at least one warning message exists but no critical, the check results in a warning state.

The only way to bring the state back to OK is to delete the text file with the stored log messages. This is stored below ~/var/check_mk/logwatch . Usually the logwatch webpage is used to browse and delete the messages. Please refer to the online documentation of check_mk for more details about logwatch.

Since there is no webpage for the HANA plugin, I’m using this page for logwatch guidance:

I understand I must use the logwatch.cfg like I already do for other log checks. However the header of the cfg file is supposed to be the path of the log but this plugins checks in the database. What is the header?