Hardware and software requirements - Debian 11 Raw 2.1

2.1.0.p9
Debian 11

Hi, we want change our old checkMK 1.2.8.p9 in Centos to 2.1.0p9 in Debian.

We want know what the minimum hardware requirements are and what the dependencies are.

We have now 3500 Hosts and also more of 13K Services

Regards

Hallo,

SSD’s ?
2)
how often are you planing to check the services, default settings?

Ralf

The direct package dependencies can be found in the package information:

$ dpkg --info check-mk-raw-2.1.0p9_0.bullseye_amd64.deb | fgrep Depends:
 Depends: debconf (>= 0.5) | debconf-2.0, libcap2-bin, cron, time, traceroute, curl, dialog, dnsutils, graphviz, apache2, libdbi1, libevent-2.1-7, libgd3, libltdl7, libpango1.0-0, libperl5.32, libreadline8, libuuid1, binutils, rpm, php, php-cgi, php-cli, php-gd, php-sqlite3, php-pear, rsync, smbclient, rpcbind, lcab, unzip, xinetd, libfreeradius3, libpcap0.8, libgsf-1-114, libglib2.0-0, cpio, poppler-utils, libffi7, libssl1.1, libpq5, libnl-3-200

1 Like

Hi.

Yes the disks are SSD.

The times we handle when monitoring are various.

From 5 min, 10 min, 1 hour, 24 hours.

Thanks.

Hi Martin.

Thanks for the info =)

Hi zorel,

3500 hosts and 13000 services? So the majority of your systems is ping only?
that requires very little resources and the whole instance is fairly small. I’d estimate that even 4 cpus + 4 gb ram would be enough. It’ll be difficult to find such a small x86 server nowadays so I guess you’ll be fine ;).

Regards,
Gerd

Hi Gstolz.

Thanks for you answer!

Currently most of the services we analyze are CPU, RAM, Disk, SWAP. But we also analyze services, checks through sh and pings.

Do you agregate more Ram

Regards.

is that a question if so, what do you mean? can you rephrase it :)?

Hi Gstolz.

Sorry for answering so late i was on vacation :slight_smile:

Yes, the question is: Would you use the 4 GB of ram or would you increase it for the services that we plan to monitor?

Regards.

I think 4 GB would be enough, depending on how easy it is for you to add more RAM later, you can use 8 to be safe.

1 Like

It is a virtual machine in VMware so there is no problem in making the extension later.

Thank you for you help :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.