Has anyone monitored VMware (ESX/vCenter) >= 7.x through CMK?

As far as the data structure of the returned and queried objects is concerned, I think it should work out of the box. But I would still to hear from you if you faced any issues.

Ralf

Monitoring VMware ESXi 7.0.1 and vCenter 7.0.1, both on actual patch level, without problems.
Running checkmk Enterprise (Demo) 1.6.0p19.

Edit: I’m not using agent in any VM. Monitoring with “datasource programs - check state of VMware ESX via vSphere” only (state of VMs, datastores, hardware sensors, CPU, memory, network interfaces, …).

Edit2: I have unfortunately noticed a problem after all. However, this does not have to be related to vSphere 7.0.1 - but I can not check due to the lack of older versions.
If you activate the feature “Additionally display snapshots on …” in the datasource program, then it works without problems, if you have at least 1 snapshot in your vCenter. But if there is no snapshot in the whole vCenter, then the service “ESX Snapshots” goes to state “Stale” (“This service is stale, no data has been received within the last X check periods”).
In addition, the following warning is then also issued for the service “Check_MK” (only if no snapshot is available):
WARN - [special_vsphere] Version: unknown, OS: unknown, Missing agent sections: esx_vsphere_vmWARN, execution time 0.8 sec

Greetings,
Chris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.