Host normally down

I have a host that’s monitored by ping and normally down. I want it to be critical(red) when up and normal(green) when down. I thought there were settings to basically invert alarm states for hosts but I’m not finding it. Is this not configurable anymore?

Hi @enderst,

Welcome to the forum.

Regarding your question, in parameters you have the state translation would it suit your needs ?

Cheers

1 Like

Exactly this. What you’re looking for is Service state Translation and make sure you only apply the rule to the specific host.

Thanks for the fast replies. Sorry if I posted in the wrong section. Nothing like joining a new forum and starting out in the wrong sub-forum.
I think I need to walk away from this for a bit. I’m not finding Service State Translation. I used the search box and browser search in the parameters for the host. If it matters, I’m using v1.6.0p7.

Host & Service Parameters -> Monitoring Configuration -> Service Checks -> Service state translation

1 Like

Thanks, I’m not going crazy lol

which version are you using ? below 1.5 ?

I’m using v1.6.0p7.
I’ve done this before with VMs in vSphere way back in 1.2.x so I figured things have just moved with version upgrades but I searched all over for it.

Hi,
Host state translation and service state translation are features of CEE.

Karl

2 Likes

Are you sure? I’m on 1.6.0p6 and I can see this option.

EDIT: @kdeutsch is right, I was assuming that you were using the CEE version.

Thanks that explains my issue.