How to add host contact (group) to body of an email alarm?

Hi community,

I’d been asked about a simple sounding requirement related to the email body of an checkmk alarm but as it seems there’s no easy way to configure that within the Notification Method of an alarm rule.

In our case, servicedesk as SPOC is recipient for most alarms and - if urgent - would forward and escalate them to the actual team as “host owner” resp. host contact (group). So the requirement is to add the host contact (group) within the email body to avoid wrong recipients due to a huge amout of hosts.

Is there an easy way to configure that? It sounds so simple but we were not able to find anything promising so far… THX for any hints about that!

Hi,

i think that this is only possible in the ascii mail plugin. There you are able to work with the notification and custom variables.
I don´t know, why this is not possible in the html email. Maybe no one paid for that yet :slight_smile:

The only option i know is the “Insert HTML section between…” It should be possible that you use also the same macros as in the parts of this notification.

Thanks - so, you mean … initiating another rating about crowd-funding?! :wink: I’m always a bit curious about that topic when it’s not about adding special further functionality but dealing with some kind of base functionality - and so are my bosses, I guess…

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.