How to enable -> azure_ad_sync

Does anybody used the azure_ad_sync check and can explain how i can make this work?

I added the rule for some hosts but nothing happens to them - no new services, no new agent that needs to be baked. The knowledgebase also does not give any hints as far as i saw by now.

I’m refering to this →

I have the same problem as arosemen.
Is there any way to make the service work?

Thanks

Hi @ict-ost

welcome to the forum!

Can you give a bit of context?

What Checkmk version are you using?

Best
Elias

Hello elias

Sure, we use Version 2.0.0p23.cee
The AD Connect Sync works without issues on the server.
We also added an Azure AD Connect monitoring rule to it.

But the service does not appear in CheckMK after a discovery for the specific server.
Do we need to do any additional steps?

Thanks in advance
Antoine

Hi Antoine,

what do you mean “does not appear”? Is not found during the service discovery? Or is it found during the service discovery, but then doesn’t show up in the services of the host when you go to the host?

Best
Elias

Hi Elias

Sorry, I’m still not that familiar with CheckMK.
To my understanding the service should appear after a Service discovery. But it does not show up as a service that can be monitored afterwards after a service discovery on that host.

Or is the process somehow different?

Regards
Antoine

But you see it when you do the service discovery?

No. After a full service scan I just see the other services (Disk Space, Network etc.) but no AD Sync Status.
The same problem as user arosemen reported in this thread.

Good morning, I tried to integrate the azure_ad_sync check in our environment. The connection to MS Azure was implemented a long time ago via the integration and so far works without any problems. Which means data from the Azure cloud arrives in checkmk and is displayed. Now I have activated the discovery rule azure_ad_sync, but no service is found during discovery. I set up the azure_ad_sync ale enforced service, apply the changes and rediscover the Azure hosts, and I get an error message: “AD Sync ”. What am I doing wrong? Or does the check not have to be placed on the Azure host but on the AD server that is on-premise. Unfortunately, some helpful documentation is missing for the check!
Many thanks for the support

1 Like

So, there’s still no good documentation about this … @elias.voelker would it be possible to create a walk through, what steps are needed to get this running?

1 Like

@aroseman thanks for the flowers, but that is grossly overestimating my Checkmk knowledge. With that being said, @mschlenker is certainly reading along. If he wasn’t, he is now :wink:

With that being said, @Firehome did you set the highlighted permission?

1 Like

Hello @elias.voelker , thank you very much for the tip, so the data actually arrives in checkmk. It took a while after the rights were released, but the permissions have to be distributed everywhere first!

1 Like