How to license the free enterprise edition

hello,
I started using CheckMK v 2.1 the Enterprise free edition, the 30 days have passed. We purchased a CheckMK Enterprise Standard license. I added the portal credentials on the license link on the checkmk server but my site is still disconnected. I rebooted the server, I still get the error: CMC failed to start: ‘The 30-day trial is over and you are exceeding the limits of the Checkmk Enterprise Free Edition. Only max. 25 hosts with max. 1 site are possible, not 104 hosts. Please upgrade your edition or adjust your configuration to be able to monitor again. Exiting…’
Am I doing something wrong or I just need to give it time?

You have to install a CEE package and “update” your site to this version.

2 Likes

Thank you for the response. I updated it.

Hi Carlo2m,
Robert’s explanation is the way to go with the 2.1 version
With 2.2 we are about to introduce a new way of licensing, which would enable the scenario, you were looking for. An installation starts as a Trial and falls back to Free, unless you have entered the license information. In this case it becomes the CEE license you have purchased.
Thomas

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.