How to stop showing Check_MK service as critical?

Hello Guys!

Is there a way to stop showing the Check_MK Service as critical?
I heard that you need that service, but I don’t want it to be there making my monitoring system show a millions errors.

This is the one

If this is an SNMP device you need to set Checkmk agent / API integrations: to “No agent” in its host properties.

2 Likes

I agree to @r.sander, its a configuration issue which should be fixed. Either in monitoring side or on host side.

Just to be complete, there is a rule " Service state translation" but I am sure you dont want that.

regards

Michael

1 Like

I have the folder settings to not look for API integration or Check MK agent. Yet I still receive this error. I can confirm each device under the folder is reporting no API integration, no check mk agent.

Can you please post the first 10 lines (header) of the output of “cmk -D hostname” for such a host?

I can confirm the issue.

OMD[cmk]:~$ cmk -D UF01.lan

UF01.lan
Addresses:              192.168.0.1
Tags:                   [address_family:ip-v4-only], [agent:cmk-agent], [checkmk-agent:checkmk-agent], [criticality:prod], [ip-v4:ip-v4], [networking:lan], [piggyback:piggyback], [site:cmk], [snmp:snmp], [snmp_ds:snmp-v2], [tcp:tcp]
Labels:                 [cmk/site:cmk]
Host groups:            check_mk
Contact groups:         check-mk-notify, all
Agent mode:             Normal Checkmk agent, or special agent if configured
Type of agent:
  TCP: 192.168.0.1:6556
  SNMP (Community: 'public', Bulk walk: yes, Port: 161, Backend: Classic)
  Process piggyback data from /omd/sites/cmk/tmp/check_mk/piggyback/UF01.lan
Services:
  checktype item params description groups
  --------- ---- ------ ----------- ------

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.