Installing 2.0 on Debian 9/10 causes dependency errors

I get dependency errors when trying to install check-mk-enterprise-2.0.0 on both Debian 9 and 10:

root@debian10-checkmk2:/home/allan# apt -f install ./check-mk-enterprise-2.0.0.demo_0.stretch_amd64.deb
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'check-mk-enterprise-2.0.0.demo' instead of './check-mk-enterprise-2.0.0.demo_0.stretch_amd64.deb'
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 check-mk-enterprise-2.0.0.demo : Depends: libevent-2.0-5 but it is not installable
                                  Depends: libperl5.24 but it is not installable
                                  Depends: libssl1.0.2 but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

You cannot install the Debian 9 package on Debian 10. Get the correct package for buster.

4 Likes

Duh! :slight_smile:

Well, got the right package installed on Buster. The Stretch package didn’t work on Stretch though - got the same message as I posted above - at least I believe it was Stretch I tried it on, but now I become unsure of course…

1 Like

Hello @StoryCoder
i have the same problem, how do you have fix it?

Greeting

I can install the actual packages in booth Debian 9 and 10 without any dependency messages.
It looks like the wrong package used in your case.

I don’t recall what I ended up doing actually… but here are my notes from installing if they can be of any help to you (of course ensure you use the latest version and for the right distributino):

Source: Basic information on the installation of Checkmk
Installation on Debian and Ubuntu

wget https://download.checkmk.com/checkmk/2.0.0/check-mk-enterprise-2.0.0.demo_0.buster_amd64.deb
apt -f install ./check-mk-enterprise-2.0.0.demo_0.buster_amd64.deb
	- I said yes to install wins-client
rm check-mk-enterprise-2.0.0.demo_0.buster_amd64.deb

Setting up sending emails: Notifications - via Email, SMS, Ticketsystems and more
Need to install postfix

Then follow Monitoring instances (sites) - Managing sites with Checkmk

Upgrading: Updates and Upgrades