Issue with AWS connection from Checkmk Docker container

CMK version: 2.1.0p17
OS version: Linux 20.04 Ubuntu utilizing Checkmk as a Docker container

I am not able to see any services of of my special AWS agent on my Checkmk. I got one notification from service “AWS Exceptions” that stated check plugin received no monitoring data.

I have followed the setup guide for the special agent as well as the host and AWS configuration. I am really at a blank at the moment on why this is not pulling any information. Below is the output of the cmk debug.

The only thing that is different about this setup as opposed to a conventional setup is just that it is running in a docker container.

Output of “cmk --debug -vvn hostname”: (If it is a problem with checks or plugins)
cmk -vvI --debug --verbose aws-01
Discovering services and host labels on: aws-01
aws-01:

• FETCHING DATA
    Source: SourceType.HOST/FetcherType.PROGRAM
    [cpu_tracking] Start [7f99a3d210a0]
    [ProgramFetcher] Fetch with cache settings: DefaultAgentFileCache(aws-01, base_path=/omd/sites/cmk/tmp/check_mk/data_source_cache/special_aws, max_age=MaxAge(checking=0, discovery=120, inventory=120), disabled=False, use_outdated=False, simulation=False)
    Not using cache (Does not exist)
    [ProgramFetcher] Execute data source
    Calling: /omd/sites/cmk/share/check_mk/agents/special/agent_aws ‘–regions’ ‘us-east-2’ ‘–global-services’ ‘ce’ ‘–services’ ‘ec2’ ‘–ec2-limits’ ‘–hostname’ ‘aws-01’
    STDIN (first 30 bytes): {“access_key_id”: "… (total 105 bytes)
    [cpu_tracking] Stop [7f99a3d210a0 - Snapshot(process=posix.times_result(user=0.0, system=0.0, children_user=0.61, children_system=0.09, elapsed=1.4800000004470348))]
    Source: SourceType.HOST/FetcherType.PIGGYBACK
    [cpu_tracking] Start [7f99a36c0070]
    [PiggybackFetcher] Fetch with cache settings: NoCache(aws-01, base_path=/omd/sites/cmk/tmp/check_mk/data_source_cache/piggyback, max_age=MaxAge(checking=0, discovery=120, inventory=120), disabled=True, use_outdated=False, simulation=False)
    Not using cache (Cache usage disabled)
    [PiggybackFetcher] Execute data source
    No piggyback files for ‘aws-01’. Skip processing.
    Not using cache (Cache usage disabled)
    [cpu_tracking] Stop [7f99a36c0070 - Snapshot(process=posix.times_result(user=0.0, system=0.0, children_user=0.0, children_system=0.0, elapsed=0.0))]
  • PARSE FETCHER RESULTS
    Source: SourceType.HOST/FetcherType.PROGRAM
    → Not adding sections: Agent exited with code 1:
    Source: SourceType.HOST/FetcherType.PIGGYBACK
    No persisted sections
    → Add sections: []
    Received no piggyback data
    Received no piggyback data
  • ANALYSE DISCOVERED HOST LABELS
    Trying host label discovery with:
    Trying host label discovery with:
    SUCCESS - Found no new host labels
  • ANALYSE DISCOVERED SERVICES
  • EXECUTING DISCOVERY PLUGINS (0)
    Trying discovery with:
    SUCCESS - Found no new services

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.