JS Exception when editing Host properties in WATO

Hy folks,

I’m experiencing a major problem with WATO. In general I do not often need to change host properties as all machines are already configured properly.

But i needed to change a property these days and unfortunatly, the WATO UI runs into a JavaScript Exception when I enter the host property editor view. See the following video:

Does anyone have an idea, what is the problem here?

Unfortunatly as new user, I am not allowed to share more screenshots.

I observed the GitHub commits and Werks Mailing-List but I did not saw any bugfixes related to my problem.

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards

Markus

Here is a screenshot of a JS breakpoint before the exception is raised:

Normally the tag_container variable only contains <table> elements, but for the last iteration for “site” it contains a hidden <select> element that does not contain any rows.

Hi together,

I got the solution figured out by myself. The root cause for this problem was, that i had host tag definitions assigned to a tag group “SITE” (which had a different meaning and nothing to do with the CheckMK term “site”).

This leads to the JS exception as the tag group containers were only searched via ID names and the id “site” was already taken by a tag parameter.

So if you configure a tag group “SITE” you can run into this issue.

Maybe the CheckMK team can fix this race condition. It got me quite a bit going for a couple of months.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.