Kafka Servers monitoring through checkmk

Hi Community,

can you help me in monitoring Kafka servers/ Environment through Checkmk in detail.

What do you want to monitor?
As Kafka is a Java application JMX would be to best approach.

1 Like

I need to monitor Linux servers in that environment .

What has Linux server to do with Kafka?
You wrote you want to monitor Kafka servers.

Sorry, Monitoring of Kafka Environment itself through Checkmk. Do we have any checkmk plugins for that or can be directly monitored?

Again there is a difference between monitoring the operating system and monitoring the application.
For Kafka application i recommend that you inspect the possibilities of using the JMX connection as it is a Java application. If you use JMX then the next step is implement the Jolokia and the included checks from CheckMK.

Operating system is monitored the same way as on every other host.

Thanks, can you detail on the Kafka application monitoring, implementation of the Jolokia included checks from CheckMK.

As i don’t know your installation and I’m not such much into Java i cannot help further.
If you have a Kafka server running you should also have someone who knows how to attach the Jolokia war archive to your running Java processes. If this is done follow the description inside WATO for the Jolokia special agent.
That’s all

1 Like

thank you so much Andreas… :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.