Kubernetes Monitoring Endpoints just creates empty Hosts

I’m currently setting up a check_mk appliance for a customer.
Current check_mk version: 2.0.0.cee (virtual appliance)

We are heavily using Kubernetes Monitoring in this Project.
I’ve successfully setup dynamic host configuration with kubernetes rules and it’s working fine except the “Endpoints” feature.
All the hosts created from the Kubernetes Endpoint checks are just empty hosts with a ping service and no ip assigned to them. Am i missing some special configuration here?

Best,
Paul

1 Like

If you activate the hardware software inventory for these created hosts the endpoint should have one check and find some informations.
But it is also possible to extend the checks a little bit that you see on all endpoints the endpoint definition as an check. I have done this for one of my systems as i had also the empty objects.

Thanks for your answer andreas.
I’ve tested activating the hardware software inventory for the endpoints but that doesn’t bring other entries then “Cluster host: no” in the inventory which doesn’t really makes sense for me.
Some of the Endpoints hava an additional " WARNING: k8s_endpoint_info: failed: Unable to convert legacy results. Please migrate plugin to new API".

You said its possible to extend the checks a little bit that you see the endpoint definition as a check? How did you do dis exactly? Can you provide some more information please?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.