Kubernetes Special Agent not working

CMK version: 2.1.0b5
OS version: Ubuntu 20

Error message:
There is one Service PING which is Unknown (don’t know why because I set No IP)…
and the CheckMK Discovery showing this:
no unmonitored services found, no vanished services found, no new host labels, [special_kube] Agent exited with code 1: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘partition’

Output of “cmk --debug -vvn hostname”: (If it is a problem with checks or plugins)

[cpu_tracking] Stop [7f298d7a4eb0 - Snapshot(process=posix.times_result(user=0.009999999999999787, system=0.0, children_user=0.0, children_system=0.0, elapsed=0.010000001639127731))]
[special_kube] Agent exited with code 1: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘partition’(!!), execution time 0.0 sec | execution_time=0.010 user_time=0.010 system_time=0.000 children_user_time=0.000 children_system_time=0.000

I have followed the steps like in this video: New Kubernetes Monitoring in Checkmk 2.1 | March Community Call - YouTube

Its recently been fixed here KUBE: Handle missing partition attribute.

1 Like

Oh really thank you @chauhan_sudhir ! I will check that version if it is published for CEE.

Next beta release with the fix should come this week.

The next beta was published finally today but now I got the next error… it seems like the DCD on remote nodes still uses WebAPI but which is disabled per default:

18:09:48 ERROR An exception occured
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/omd/sites/cn_central/lib/python3/cmk/cee/dcd/connectors/utils.py", line 217, in _execute_sync
    phase1_result = self._fetch_phase1_result_from_remote_site()
  File "/omd/sites/cn_central/lib/python3/cmk/cee/dcd/connectors/utils.py", line 266, in _fetch_phase1_result_from_remote_site
    raw_response = self._web_api.execute_remote_automation(
  File "/omd/sites/cn_central/lib/python3/cmk/cee/dcd/web_api.py", line 360, in execute_remote_automation
    result = self._api_request(
  File "/omd/sites/cn_central/lib/python3/cmk/cee/dcd/web_api.py", line 199, in _api_request
    raise MKAPIError(parsed_response["result"])
cmk.cee.dcd.web_api.MKAPIError: Checkmk exception: The Web API has been disabled using the global setting "Disable Web API". Before you enable it, please note that the Web API is deprecated with Checkmk 2.1 and will be removed with Checkmk 2.2. Please use the REST API instead. Have a look at werk #13640 for further information.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/omd/sites/cn_central/lib/python3/cmk/gui/webapi.py", line 101, in page_api
    raise MKUserError(
cmk.gui.exceptions.MKUserError: The Web API has been disabled using the global setting "Disable Web API". Before you enable it, please note that the Web API is deprecated with Checkmk 2.1 and will be removed with Checkmk 2.2. Please use the REST API instead. Have a look at werk #13640 for further information.

About the error message, it was mentioned here today : Checkmk conference #8 - Day 1 - YouTube

@chauhan_sudhir Thank you but I know. But other things are working with REST API - in my opinion this is a bug. The “site management” which was mentioned as “open and will be done after 2.1” is in my opinion not related to this error. But maybe someone of CheckMK will answer here or on my mail to feedback…

I forwarded this to our dev. Thanks for the error report.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.