Labels in conditions: (when) can we "or" them?

Continuing the discussion from Possible bug? Unable to add more than one host label to a rule or predefined condition:

Say I have a bunch of hosts in three categories: blue, red, and purple and I want categorize them with labels like so:

color:blue
color:red
color:purple

Currently it is not possible to define a rule which applies to both blue and red hosts because only one value per key is allowed as a condition and one overwrites the other. In the above mentioned thread this is explained as intended behaviour. But it differs from hosttags where I can use is one of to declare multiple colors.

As it is, the “value” part of labels is quite useless because I cannot even express “color:blue” AND “color:red” but must ressort to “is_blue:yes” AND “is_red:yes”

Will this be changed? In 1.6? I’m on 1.6.0p18 CEE and would really appreciate the is one of and is none of operators for labels as well.

4 Likes

I, likewise, turn things upside down and use things like is_red:yes, etc.

For me, because there are many labels, I resort to a type_attribute style boolean. So for me, I’d prefer:

color_red: yes
color_blue: yes
color_purple: yes

Likely the implementation is not really sophisticated and is just a string matcher.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.