Ldaps connection not working

Hi!

I have been using check_mk for a very long time on centos. With the release of version 2 I decided to build a new server with debian.

Now I’m having trouble getting the ldaps-connection to work. I have working connection on my old centos server and copied the values from there. Before that I imported the ssl-certificate.

I followed these instructions: Checkmk an LDAP oder AD anbinden

I’m getting the error:
ldaps://OUR-DC.DOMAIN.LOCAL:636: {‘result’: -1, ‘desc’: “Can’t contact LDAP server”, ‘errno’: 115, ‘ctrls’: [], ‘info’: ‘(unknown error code)’}

I can’t find the mentioned logfile ~/var/log/web.log…

Please help :grimacing: :astonished: :pensive: :roll_eyes:

check_mk 2.0.0p1 on debian 10.9.0

Hi Christian,

you could use the command “ldapsearch” from the package “ldap-utils” to check the connection from command line:
ldapsearch -D <user> -h <ldap_server> -w <password> -x -b <base_DN_for_search>

My guess would be: The firewall is blocking the access to the LDAP server/port. You could check this with a “telnet” or “netcat” command.

Best regards
Lars

1 Like

Hello Lars,

thank you for your answer.

I checked the connection via ldapsearch and it worked. I disabled the local firewall, both servers are on the same subnet. In WATO I get the same error…

Anyway, I decided to setup a new site on the old server - everything is working here, so thread can be closed!

Kind regards
Christian

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.