Livestatus encryption no longer works

out of the blue yesterday livestatus encryption one one of my slaves just stopped working. Gave me the following error:

Cannot connect to 'tcp:server:6557': ('_ssl.c:711: The handshake operation timed out',). The encryption settings are probably wrong.

It’s definitely something with the site because if I create a new site with the same settings it works just fine. Is there any way to recreate the encryption set up from scratch? I’m using the 1.4.7 virtual appliance and am running 1.6.0 p9 cee.

I’ve been getting these at random since I started using encryption. If it takes a bit too long to connect (or similar), it complains about encryption settings like this. Are you still able to reach the server/port like usual if you do a manual test against that port?

like doing a telnet to that port? that works fine. even ran an openssl command to check the cert and that worked fine as well

openssl s_client -connect server:6557

We had no changes to the firewall of any kind and this setup was working just fine for nearly 10 months without a single issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.