Livestatus on check-mk-enterprise

check-mk-enterprise 2.0.0p17 :
CentOS 8.5 / RHEL 8.5

Livestatus version: 2.0.0p17, Host checks: 0.0/s, Service checks: 0.0/s, Average check latency: 7469.310s (warn/crit at 30.000s/60.000s)(!!)

Hi

We’ve upgraded our Enterprise installation from 2.0.0p15 to 2.0.0p17.
Since the upgrade, the “master” site that control other 6 branch “slaves” has started to display that criticity:

output from cmk --debug -vvn site

OMD site_lan_de1 performance Livestatus version: 2.0.0p17, Host checks: 0.0/s, Service checks: 0.0/s, Average check latency: 7469.310s (warn/crit at 30.000s/60.000s)(!!)
OMD site_lan_de1 status stopped

omd status on branch site is looking good:

[root@site ~]# omd status
Doing 'status' on site site_lan_de1:
mkeventd:       running
liveproxyd:     running
mknotifyd:      running
rrdcached:      running
cmc:            running
apache:         running
dcd:            running
redis:          running
xinetd:         running
crontab:        running
-----------------------
Overall state:  running

[root@site ~]#

are there some drawbacks in 2.0.0p17 ? Before, it was working almost fine.

What i not understand here is the following. Does your master site also monitor some hosts and services or is this a config/view only instance?

If this instance has no host objects then the shown message is only a cosmetic “bug”.
In the other case if there are host and service objects, are these objects are all stale now?

Hi Andreas

That is, lets’s say, the master.
It monitor itself and 6 slaves in a distributed monitoring configuration.

Sorry for delay giving feedback.

The setup i understand so far.
What i need to know is the following - are the hosts and services monitored from the master are in stale status? That means no new monitoring results are generated for these hosts.
If all the host and services objects monitored from the master instance get new data then only the shown information is wrong for the status output. But this would also be a little bit strange :wink:

Only Livestatus was marked red.
All other services detected on slave check-mk monitoring servers were green.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.