Lizenzfrage zu viele Hosts

Hallo,

ich habe mir die Free Edition 2.1.0p11 installiert und bislang nur die meine Host ohne Clients eingerichtet.
Nun habe ich 35 Host installiert und wollte Heute noch den Syslog dazu installieren.
Nach dem Neustart bekomme ich die Meldung 1 Site is disconnected und kein Host ist mehr sichtbar.

mit omd status bekomme ich

Starting rrdcached…OK
Starting cmc…
CMC failed to start: ‘The 30-day trial is over and you are exceeding the limits of the Checkmk Enterprise Free Edition. Only max. 25 hosts with max. 1 site are possible, not 35 hosts. Please upgrade your edition or adjust your configuration to be able to monitor again. Exiting…’
Starting apache…OK
Starting dcd…OK
Starting redis…OK
Initializing Crontab…OK

Meine Recherche hat ergeben, dass nur 25 Hosts mit der Free Edition möglich sind (irgendwo hatte irgendwo etwas von 1000 + gelesen)
Ich nutze das Ding um meine House Devices zu verwalten und da kommen schon 100+ zusammen.

Gibt es da eine Möglichkeit dies mit der Free Version zu realisieren. Mir geht es dabei in erster Linie um die Verfügbarkeit der Hosts (Ping) und den Relationen Parent zu integrieren.

Die Services sind dabei weniger interessant.

Kann ich die jetzige Installation mit 35 Host wieder verfügbar machen, Kann ich irgendwo 10 löschen damit die Site wieder hochkommt?

Ich denke mal die RAW-Edition ist vollkommen ausreichend für dich.

Ob man das nun einfach drüber Installieren kann ist mir so nicht klar.

@hart61 what @crpb said…

Die “Free” ist eigentlich der Trial der Enterprise Edition. Die “Raw” ist die FOSS Version, ohne irgendeine Beschränkung (aber halt auch ohne ein paar der Enterprise features). Sollte für Deine Zwecke aber vollkommen ausreichen.

Soweit ich weiß, kannst Du den core von CMC auf den core der Raw “wechseln” und dann funktioniert es wieder. Hab da irgendwo mal eine Anleitung rumfliegen sehen, mal schauen, ob ich die wiederfinde.

Hello, any luck finding the instructions to change to the free version? I’m having the same issue. I will see if I can find it as well.

Hey,

i’ve never tried it because i only have RAW-Editions.
But i would guess it could be as simple as an normal Upgrade…

MIRROR="https://download.checkmk.com/checkmk"
V="$(curl -s https://download.checkmk.com/stable_downloads.json |jq -r '.checkmk[].version'|sort -h|tail -n 1)"
CMKVER="${CMKVER:-${V}}"
DEBFILE="check-mk-raw-${CMKVER}_0.$(lsb_release -cs)_amd64.deb"
DEBLINK="${MIRROR}/${CMKVER}/${DEBFILE}"

sudo bash<<_
TMP=`mktemp -d`
wget "${DEBLINK}" -P $TMP -nc
dpkg -i "/tmp/${DEBFILE}"
omd stop
omd backup "$(omd sites -b)" /mnt/nfs/your/backup/path/$(date +%Y%m%d)/
omd -f -V ${CMKVER}.cre update --conflict=install "$(omd sites -b)"
omd start "$(omd sites -b)"
su - $(omd sites -b) bash -c 'omd status; omd version'
_

If it doesn’t work you still have the Backup.

And change the package(apt) commands and URL-References and it should also work with RPM or whatever else there is.

I guess my issues is I have the free/trial version, as I’m using the appliance. Thought the free was the same as the raw. But does not appear to. I’m assuming the appliance won’t have the raw available, so looking about deploying on Linux.

Well, with Debian you would be almost set with that above :P.
Just leave out everything after “dpkg -i …” and do an “omd create…” instead.

Good luck.

Thank you. I have it installed on Debian now. Just figuring out an issue with ping.
Getting the following “ping: socket: Operation not permitted”

Can you use the ping command as the Checkmk site user? If not, check the capabilities of /bin/ping and ensure that your filesystem allows extended attributes.

$ getcap /bin/ping
/bin/ping cap_net_raw=ep
$ xattr -l /bin/ping
security.capability:
0000   01 00 00 02 00 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00    ..... ..........
0010   00 00 00 00                                        ....

This is what output I get.
I can run ping from the command line though.
root@checkmk-raw ~# getcap /bin/ping
root@checkmk-raw ~# xattr -l /bin/ping
-bash: xattr: command not found
root@checkmk-raw ~#

Your Ping command is missing the capabilities to open a raw socket. Does it work with a non-root user? Is is suid root?

Note that, in Debian, /bin/ping is provided by two different packages, iputils-ping and inetutils-ping. Find out which one you are using, try to reinstall it, and/or try to replace it by the other package.

Thanks so much for your help. I had iputils-ping installed. Removed it, then tried inetutils-ping. Got an error with it about invalid parameter. So removed it and re-installed iputils-ping. Tried connection test again, and it worked. So, something must have been off in my Debian install. I had run apt-updates, but that didn’t help. Thanks for your help on this.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.