Mib based discovery in folder

Best,

I’m doing my batchlor thesis rounds out checkmk. So I will develop a proof of concept that monitors multiple network devices across different sites.

I’ve been experimenting for several hours but I’m stuck with host discovery, so I’ve already created several folders and it automatically imports the hostes within a certain folder.

I am in phase 1 implementing switches, access points ideally I would place the switches and access points in a separate folder. The proof of concept revolves around unifi where you can only have 1 snmp V3 login per site so 2 different snmp credentials wouldn’t help either.

In my current phase I scan based on snmp credentials within an ip network /21. The problem is that it adds all active hosts within this network, including those that don’t match the SNMP credentials. Is there a way to tell mib based .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0 to go filter before a host is included in a specific directory?

Is there anyone with more experience who can help me out? Thanks in advance!

Kind regards
Dave aka Fullscreen

This is currently not possible. You would have to develop your own scan script which then uses the CheckMK API to create the hosts.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.