MIBs SMNP Problem not resolved

Good evening everyone, I have a problem with the MIB, let me explain better I uploaded the .mib file inside the folder .local / share / snmp / mibs / and inside the check_mk on SetupEventsEvent Console rule packages SNMP MIBs for trap translation results visible the .MIB file I also enabled the “Translate SNMP traps” but I don’t see anything let’s say you see some services the rest nothing how to solve it …
Thanks so much for your help.

You cannot just upload a MIB definition and expect service checks to appear magically.

MIBs are just a syntactic description of the SNMP OIDs and do not transport any machine readable semantics.

New SNMP service checks have to be implemented as plugins for the check engine: Writing your own check plug-ins

1 Like

The MIB only translate the numeric OID to a human readable format.

In case you want to use trap´s (which I doesnt recommend) you need to enable MKEVENT_SNMPTRAPD in your site config.
See

If you want to check things via SNMP you may use the rule " Classical active and passive Monitoring checks" with the nagios plugin check_snmp

Example:

Service description: 	Bluecoat CPU usage
Command line: 	check_snmp -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C ITSecOp -o 1.3.6.1.4.1.3417.2.4.1.1.1.4.1 -w 80 -c 90 -P 2c -u % -l CPU
Internal command name: 	check_generic_cpuload_v2c
Performance data: 	process performance data

The best way is of course as mentioned by @r.sander to write your own plugins.

regards

Michael

thank you for answer, If send attached file mib for look, I try other software for verified and ok but only site thanks for the reply, in the text of the attached file try to look, I try other software to verify and it works instead in the checkmk site it doesn’t work so I think the version only supports SNMP Version 2 not 3? I tried to follow your directions but they don’t work …

Let me explain better the host configured on the checkMK site can be seen and worked but the services are not complete and are partially visible.

thank you
F.
MIB Storage QSAN…txt (82.2 KB)

" If you want to check things via SNMP you may use the rule " Classical active and passive Monitoring checks" with the nagios plugin check_snmp"

i didn’t understand how to make it work, i installed the plugin but i can’t find the configuration, help me?

On Checkmk 2.x : This rule is known as “Integrate Nagios plugins”
On Checkmk 1.6.x or below that: It is known as “Classical active and passive Monitoring checks”

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.