Missing Veeam-Jobs after Veeam Update 10.0.0.4461 to 11.0.0.837

Hey,

we have updated our Veeam-Server from 10.0.0.4461 to 11.0.0.837 now the cmk agent can’t find the backup jobs anymore.

CMK-Version: 1.6.0p20

is it a problem inside the agent or the new Veeam-Version?

thx

Josef

Hi,

We did a lot of V11 updates and checkmk agent never complained. Try and run the plugin manually and check output.

ttr

Thx for the hint …
I fixed it - it was a problem with the plugin timeout.
Somehow the plugin now takes more time to run :slight_smile:

Josef

I have the same problem with all V11 Upgrades. Can you show me where to change the plugin timeout?

thx Stefan

Monitoring Agents - Agent Bakery - Set timeouts for plugins and local checks

I created a rule with “*.ps1” just for the VEEAM-Server and the timeout is 60 secounds.
I guess 30 might be enough too.

Then you can create an agent just for that server with this timout settings for the script.

You can also edit the agent configuration file on the server itself if you don’t use the bakery.

Josef

1 Like

Yes this fixed the problem. Strange behaviour because the hole Server Check runs for only 20sec.

Hmmm did not work for us. We have a longer timeout for all plugins.
But running the plugin manually there is a warning, that an used cmdlet for computer backup jobs is no longer supported. Get-VBRComputerBackupJobs must be used. We have a few computer backup jobs… may that crashes the plugin.

Maybe your CMK VEEAM-Plugin is an older one? Have you tried to install the latest one from your cmk server (or install the whole agent again)?

Hmmm with Agent 2.0p5 it works, but running the check manually the warning is still there.

Maybe cached information?

Hi,

we have the same problem after updating to Veeam 11.

But I executed the veeam_backup_status.ps1 directly on the server and it takes only about 5 seconds, so I don’t think that this is the issue (at least in our case)

I found the following in the check_mk.log on the host: 2021-06-23 16:19:18.351 perf: In [1190] milliseconds process 'C:\ProgramData\checkmk\agent\plugins\veeam_backup_status.ps1' pid:[13976] SUCCEDED - generated [0] bytes of data in [0] blocks

Seems like the plugin does not run correctly when the agents executes it.

I had the same problem updating veeam 11, I it seems to be a permissions issue with the check_mk service account. Try to login the check_mk service with a administrator user or with enough privileges: Veeam Plugin does not execute - #15 by jan.fox.gerlach

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.