CMK version: 2.0.0p17 (CEE)
OS version: Debian Bullseye

does not work:

<Printer 8.2-A3-Color-1>
</Printer>

works:

<Printer gw0600a>
</Printer>

If I temporarily change the name by removing the dot from the name, everything works. Unfortunately I cannot change the name permanently as this is a naming convention.
Is it possible that dots will be allowed in the plugin in the future?

kind Regards
Ralf

Hi @Ralle,

to get your point correct, is it related to the appearance in the agent output or the monitoring/checking of these printers?

this is the output from the mk_cups_queues plugin.
So when I run the plugin directly on the console, I get the incorrect output.

CPRINTCONF=/etc/cups/printers.conf
    if  [ -r "$CPRINTCONF" ] ; then
        LOCAL_PRINTERS=$(perl -ne '/<(?:Default)?Printer ([\w-]+)>/ && print "$1\n"' $CPRINTCONF)

When I read the $ CPRINTCONF variable, everything is still correct. The $ LOCAL_PRINTERS variable then only contains the printer without a period in the name. So the Perl command must be responsible for it. I can certainly change that temporarily until the next update, but it should be permanent.

There is a change to the allow hyphens in printer names. You can change your plugin accordingly to allow dots too:

12240 mk_cups_queues: Accept printer names with hyphens ("-") · tribe29/checkmk@c5be459 (github.com)

thx tosch, i’ve found this too, but i think it would be better that tribe29 change this, so that it will be a permanent change.

You can write a mail to feedback@checkmk.com or open a ticket as enterprise customer. My suggestion was for a quick fix, you can revert this back to standard if you got the official fix.

thx i change this to get this informations. i’ll send an emial to tribe29, thx for your help

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.