Modify precompiled check / agent

Hello all,
Unfortunately, I could not find anything on the Internet, so I ask the question here.

I need to extend an already existing check / agent, the agent_allnet_ip_sensoric. I already found out that it is located under /opt/omd/sites/XXXX/var/check_mk/precompiled_checks/builtin, but in the complied version. The original is at checkmk/allnet_ip_sensoric at master · tribe29/checkmk · GitHub. But how do I now manage to adapt the GitHub version and then make it work on my system? I need to add another sensor type that does not yet exist in the check.

If you want to modify a file included in the system (special agent or check).
Then you have the same folder as the original file under ~/local/…
Example:
a classic check is situated inside ~/share/check_mk/checks/…
if you want to modify such a check, you copy the file to the folder
~/local/share/check_mk/checks/…
Inside the new location you can modify the check and it is then automatically used instead of the original one.

You will find the source code ~/share/check_mk/checks/allnet_in_sensoric. If you like to modify it, copy it to ~/local/share/check_mk/checks/ and make your changes here. The version under ~/local/share is automatically preferred over the original file under ~/share.

There is no need to compile the check yourselves. It is compiled automatically on each cmk -R, cmk -O, or on activation of changes in the web interface.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.