Monitoring a host without generating hard alarms

Hello everyone, glad to be part of this community.

I want to monitor a host just for troubleshooting purposes, so I want to know the status of the host, timeline, and more, but I don´t want check_mk to generate any kind of alarm for this host (e.g. when I monitor the internet provider gateway, so I can check if the problem was my router or the provider´s service on a remote site). The problem is that I have a platform that collects all the hard alarms of check_mk to perform an alarms vs incidents analysis. If I add more host I generate more alarms but no incidents so this is viewed as a decreased performance indicator.

I already configured notification restrictions for this “only diagnostics” host, but I need to avoid the alert generation also.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

mk_check_user

Hi check_mk_user and welcome to the forum,

you can disable notifications for host and services by activating a rule.

Go to WATO - Configuration - Host and Service Parameters. In the search field type disable.

No you can create a rule ‘disable notifications for hosts’ or ‘disable notifications for services’

Now no notifications are creating.

You can find out more information about notifications in the manual: https://checkmk.com/cms_notifications.html#Disabling%20notifications%20using%20rules

Hope it helps

Regards

Anastasios

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.