Native Kubernetes Monitoring - Checkmk Raw Edition 2.1.0p18

There are two API endpoints which have to be defined in the rule. One is the standard Kuberbetes API endpoint and the other one is the cluster collector API endpoint (which will be available after you have deployed the Helm chart.

First you have to make sure that your kubernetes special agent is able to fetch the data from your Kubernetes cluster.

Here, you need to define the Kubernetes cluster API endpoint which you can determine via “kubectl configi view” . Also, explained here: Monitoring Kubernetes

Secondly, our’s is checkmk raw edition 2.10p18, so I have created a host with no IP and ran the below script on the Checkmk site
OMD[kubernetes]:~$ share/doc/check_mk/treasures/find_piggy_orphans but then where will I see the pods, worker nodes, and all…do I need to create another host apart from the one created above with no IP? If not, then do we need to include the below option of piggyback on the above host created with no IP ?

The find_piggy_orphans will only work when your special agent is able to talk to your cluster (either you use just the standard API endpoint or use both the standard + cluster collector).