No Client connection after new server installation

Hi there,

I have quite an old installation of check_mk, 1.4.0p27. Within this installation I do monitoring on windows devices. I set up the check_mk.ini, where I defined “only_from = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx” (my IP of my old check mk server)

Now I set up check_mk 2.0 and installed the actual agent. The new server has a new IP.

At installation of the agent on the windows device I clicked on “migrate from legacy windows agent”. But I cannot access from the new check mk server.

I commented out the line “only_from: # 127.0.0.1 192.168.56.0/24 ::1”.

But I got no connection. When doing telnet from the old check mk server I got an output from the agent. Doing the same from the new server, I got an empty output.

Stopping the service gives me a connection timeout after several seconds, so the service should be up and fine. I also did a “check_mk_agent.exe test”, looked normal.

I also checked registry but was not able to find anything relevant.

I also disabled completely windows firewall.

So what is missing here?

BR
Bastian

Thats quite “funny”. Just to get some more infos. I set up "only_from: 127.0.0.1 "

Restart the service. Doing telnet from the old check mk server. Got a full reply.

What’s that…?!

I solved it. Under ProgramData in the CheckMK folder there is a “check_mk.user.yml” which still had configured the old IP address of the old check mk server. Removed the line. Works.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.