No more notifications from slave server

I still do not receive any notifications from the salve server. Master is working correctly.
I just removed var/check_mk/notify/corrupted/* and var/check_mk/notify/spool/*
Tested it by rebooting another server and the spool file gets created instantly but it seems nothing picks it up. Seeing this issue for a few months now, updated to every version since 2.0.0p1.

checkmk-version: 2.0.0p15 (CEE)

Hi @tboston,

Which notification approach did you choosed in your setup? Centralised or decentralised?
Did you activated the Checkmk Notification Spooler and did you configured it that your remote sites forward the notifications? Plus did you opened port 6555 in your firewall setup that the remote sites can send their notifications?

Please read about the differences here → Distributed monitoring - Scaling and distributing Checkmk

To troubleshoot it you can have a look at this there you’ll find described the different logfiles that you have to take a look at. → Distributed monitoring - Scaling and distributing Checkmk

Hope I can help you with that information.

Greetings Norm :grinning:

Hi Norm,

thanks for your suggestions.

Decentralised

I did check that and spoolfiles are created correctly like this:
2021-11-10 10:16:28,832 [20] [cmk.base.notify] Got raw notification (pve03.example.org;Memory) context with 71 variables 2021-11-10 10:16:28,832 [20] [cmk.base.notify] Creating spoolfile: /omd/sites/monitoring01/var/check_mk/notify/spool/75ede8d3-8c88-4341-9948-0c3926244435

I also tested sending mails via the host itself which is working.

Cheers

Hi @tboston,
could you share the notification rule please? You can censor sensitive information but I need to get a better overview of your situation. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks in advance.
Norm

You mean a screenshot of the rule?
Both servers share the same rule and one the master, as mentioned, notifications are working.

Hi @tboston

Do you still have this issue or did you solved it?

Can you share how you tested it?

Yes that would help but you don’t have to.

You said you use decentralized notifications. Is your slave site able to connect to the smarthost that you probably use to send out mails?

Thanks in advance!
Greetings Norm

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.