Notifications being send via asciimail&sendmail even though it's set to HTML/smtp

CMK version: 21.0.p17
OS version: 22.04.1

sudo tail -f /opt/omd/sites/master/var/log/cmc.log
2023-01-27 14:23:11 [5] [core 1302] Executing external command: LOG;SERVICE NOTIFICATION RESULT: USERNAME;host.domain.tld;JVM prod Memory;CRITICAL;asciimail;Unhandled exception: Failed to send the mail: /usr/sbin/sendmail is missing;Unhandled exception: Failed to send the mail: /usr/sbin/sendmail is missing

Now to the description of the prob:
Yes /usr/sbin/sendmail is missing but all “Notification Config” in " Setup > Events > Notification config" are set to send out HTMLemail via SMTP (see screenshots)

Rule Overview

Notification Rule

You do not tell if you are using the enterprise edition, but I suspect you are.
Checkmk will ALWAYS use the OS for sending emails. The feature you are looking for is not for sending emails.

You can read about it in the manual Notifications - via Email, SMS, Ticketsystems and more

1 Like

Yes its an enterprise license…

But I’ve to contradict, it currently sends Email’s via the shown SMTP (HTMLmail) setting and has no rule to send asciimail via sendmail but try’s anyways. Or am I missing a spot to check for an additional setting?

And yes I’ve read that doc’s page :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.