Notifying Fallback Contacts dont work

Hello all,

i have upgraded my Check_MK from Version 1.6.0p13.cre to 2.0.0p3.cre and so far its working fine but i found one strange problem that i cant explain. Befor the Update the notification to the fallback contact was working fine but after the update i get the following error in the var/log/notify.log

2021-05-04 10:39:19,642 [40] [cmk.base.notify] ERROR:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/omd/sites/mysite/lib/python3/cmk/base/notify.py”, line 355, in locally_deliver_raw_context
return notify_rulebased(raw_context, analyse=analyse)
File “/omd/sites/mysite/lib/python3/cmk/base/notify.py”, line 487, in notify_rulebased
plugin_info = _process_notifications(raw_context, notifications, num_rule_matches, analyse)
File “/omd/sites/mysite/lib/python3/cmk/base/notify.py”, line 595, in _process_notifications
notify_via_email(plugin_context)
File “/omd/sites/mysite/lib/python3/cmk/base/notify.py”, line 1369, in notify_via_email
for encoding in os.popen(“locale -a 2>/dev/null”):
File “/omd/sites/mysite/lib/python3.8/codecs.py”, line 322, in decode
(result, consumed) = self._buffer_decode(data, self.errors, final)
UnicodeDecodeError: ‘utf-8’ codec can’t decode byte 0xe5 in position 1079: invalid continuation byte

Did someone experinced something simmilar?

Have nice day.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.