Last week, we held the very first online Checkmk Conference (shout-out to everyone who was there!) and have used a couple of tools to carry out the new event format.
For this reason, we have some Whereby meeting rooms that are still available for use. We thought that these might be helpful for other tech communities and meetup groups who want to have a small online meeting/event of their own in May.
Some info about the tool, Whereby
- Completely browser-based, no installation needed
- Max of 50 people in the room, max of 12 people with video enabled
- No native livestream feature, but is possible using OBS
- Recording available
- The event has to happen before 24 May 2020.
- The event topic can be anything under tech (e.g. system admin, IT, DevOps, software development etc.)
- The community has to be company or product-agnostic (not dedicated exclusively to a specific company/product)
- The community is non-profit and run by volunteers
- The event should be free of cost for the participants
- Open source and IT admin communities are highly preferred
- As we’re based in Germany, Europe-based communities will be prioritized due to time differences
In return, we request you to mention Checkmk as your event supporter. Depending on the demand, we might have to select the recipients by judging who we think would need the support more.
If you are part of a community who might be interested, please send me an e-mail at email@example.com. If you know someone else who might benefit, they may also contact me at that e-mail address.
For any questions, please feel free to reply here or send me a personal message here on the forum.
One feedback in the conference was having online community calls! Planning is ongoing on how would that look like for our community, so rest assured it’s a work-in-progress