Opsgenie CheckMK integration is not working

CMK version: Enterprise Checkmk 1.6.0p13
OS version:
Error message: No error messages received. But alerts are not received in Opsgenie
Output of “cmk --debug -vvn hostname”: (If it is a problem with checks or plugins)

Relevant lines from /var/log/notify.log

2022-05-26 08:36:36 Got raw notification (xxxxxxxxxxxx) context with 71 variables
2022-05-26 08:36:36 Global rule 'Opsgenie'...
2022-05-26 08:36:36  -> matches!
2022-05-26 08:36:36    - adding notification of <xxxxxxx> via opsgenie
Executing 2 notifications:
2022-05-26 08:36:36   * notifying <xxxxxxx>  via opsgenie, parameters: https://api.eu.opsgenie.com/v1/json/checkmk?apiKey=<xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, bulk: no
2022-05-26 08:36:36 Creating spoolfile: /omd/sites/xxxxxx/var/check_mk/notify/spool/6aa3bdef-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2022-05-26 08:36:40 Got spool file 6aa3bdef (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) for local delivery via opsgenie
2022-05-26 08:36:40  executing /omd/sites/xxxxxx/local/share/check_mk/notifications/opsgenie

I followed the below document

/omd/sites/xxxxxx/local/share/check_mk/notifications/opsgenie

~/local ? Have you modified this? Ideally, the official ones from Checkmk are under ~/share/check_mk/

BTW, you can follow this Notifications via Opsgenie

I didn’t modify anything on ~/share/check_mk/ instead I put the plugin under /omd/sites/xxxxxx/local/share/check_mk/notifications/. From notify logs it shows that the script executed but not receiving alerts in opsgenie

Try using the official plugin from Checkmk which should be under ```
/omd/sites/xxxxxx/share/check_mk/notifications/opsgenie

I put the plugin under /omd/sites/xxxxxx/share/check_mk/notifications/ same result. It is not working. Can someone share with me a working plugin?

we replaced that script by the same version in powershell (2.1) and it works just fine, so if you install powershell on your checkmk server, I can share the script.

The rest of the setup is the same, just replace the content of the script

I modified the script and got the below error

requests.exceptions.SSLError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='api.eu.opsgenie.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /v1/json/checkmk?apiKey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(Caused by SSLError(SSLError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:852)'),)) 

Does anyone know which certificate I need to provide? I can’t use solutions like verify=False

@robin.gierse I have opened a thread here. When I run the script in the server with dummy data it is working fine.While putting the script under /omd/sites/xxxxxx/local/share/check_mk/notifications/ it is not working and throws the error

#!/usr/bin/env python3
# OpsGenie_integration

import json
import os
import requests

context= dict([(var[7:], value)
            for (var, value) in os.environ.items()
            if var.startswith("NOTIFY_")])

if "PARAMETER_1" in context:
    opsgenie_api_url = context["PARAMETER_1"]

if "PARAMETER_1" in context.keys():
        del context["PARAMETER_1"]
    if "PARAMETERS" in context.keys():
        del context["PARAMETERS"]
else:
    print( "No API Key Specified.")
print("requesting")

newheader={"Content-Type": "application/json"}
response = requests.post(opsgenie_api_url, data=json.dumps(context), headers=newheader)
print(response.status_code)

I am concerned about two things:

1. Are you still on Checkmk 1.6? If so: Upgrade!
  2. Why are you avoiding the official integration?

The issue got resolved. The URL was not whitelisted in the network firewall which caused the error.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.