Oracle services are suddenly vanished

Just mentioned the RAC because that’s why some sections are checked therefor. ASM shouldn’t influence the database performance because the SQLs are queried against the ASM database, so they don’t matter.

Unfortunately, reducing the Oracle sections in the agent/plugin didn’t solve the issue.
All Oracle services were missing last night again. RMAN is not configured on the affected server.
I’ve checked the Windows Event log, but there are no remarkable entries.
Event the check_mk.log doesn’t contain special entries at the time when the services were vanished.
Can shadow copies or ESX snapshots be a problem for the agent?
It’s so weird… :frowning:

I am seeing the same problem with my Oracle plugin. Running the agent manually produces the correct output. I did notice that the temp files for a sync checks were not generated when running the agent automatically. When running the agent manually the output temp files are written.

Hi @burgeau,

I also guess that the Oracle plugin is not executed properly. But I don’t understand why.
I wrote a task which restarts the Check_MK service (Windows) every night on the server, but that doesn’t help.

Hi there,

I guess, we’ve solved this issue. I saw activities in the Windows event log regarding the local Security software. The files in the path c:\programdata\checkmk\agent\plugins\ had been detected as potentially malicious. This may explain the strange behaviour of the plugins.
After an exception of the mentioned path was implemented in the security scanner, the plugins worked fine.
So, the conclusion is to check the local security (antiv virus) software configuration.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.