Php-fpm - Since upgrading from Buster to Bullseye: /usr/bin/env: ‘python’: No such file or directory

Hey guys

Got this issue since upgrading from Buster to Bullseye: /usr/bin/env: ‘python’: No such file or directory with the plugin “php-fpm”.

Has anybody maybe fixed this issue? I contacted the developer with no feedback.

Greetz
Ovrld

Hi,

how did you upgrade your debian server and what version of checkmk are you using ?
If you did an inplace upgrade (apt full-upgrade) without uninstalling the checkmk server package first, you will end up with a version of checkmk that is not compatible with your operating system any more.
You need to install the specific buster package which is available since 2.0p13.

php-fpm is an extension package that is currently not available for checkmk 2.0.

https://exchange.checkmk.com/p/php-fpm

You get the error because it still is implemented in Python 2.

1 Like

Hey guys, thanks for you answers. Unfortunately I forgot to say, that the affected system is not the CheckMK server. I use the php-fpm with CheckMK 2.0 with no issues, but the agent plugin is not working anymore with Bullseye.

On other systems with Buster I have no issues. I know, that this is an python issue - My question is, if anybody wrote a new plugin or something like that?

I am not familiar with the plugin, but if it uses Python on the monitored system, there might just be no python alternative available. You could work around that for testing by changing the shebang to #!/usr/bin/env python3.

1 Like

Thanks you - this worked :slight_smile:

Please note that this is a quick hack, the solution should be to handle this upstream.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.