Plugin development: were to put additional binaries

Hi Andreas,

I know that mkp files are merely meant to create transportable/installable CheckMk extensions. Only those parts are delivered to the agent that are specified in the bakery plugin. (Note: I did not know this when I originally asked my question – there is a second thread that greatly improved my understanding: How to write agent rules?) Nevertheless I consider mkp files the clean way to write CheckMk extensions. If I can deliver something as a self-contained mkp file it behaves just like any builtin check. If I would opt for agent custom files two steps in CheckMk were necessary to make my agent plugin work: (1) enable it and (2) specify the needed custom files. A full-featured extension (that can be delivered as mkp file) only needs the first step.

Coming to your question: I have an agent plugin that needs to call an additional binary that in turn also needs to be deployed to the target system.

I could solve this problem using the previously mentioned bakery API documentation. Independently also Jiuka tried it out and documented the solution in my other thread (same link as above)

Regards,
Carsten