Possible Bug with Rules based by Label

Hi Check_MK Community

I need your help, maybe I’ve found a bug in Check_MK Raw 1.6.0p20.
We updated our Installation from 1.5.0p16 to the latest 1.6 Version on our RedHat 7.9 Monitoring Server.
So i came in contact with the new Labels function and thought it is a nice idea to reconfigure our monitoring configuration and manage the Grouping of Hosts, Services, Service Levels and Contacts with labels.
The Label “checkgroup:" defines the Contact, Service and Hostgroup and the label "sla:” defines the Service Level of the Check.

When i check the configuration of a Service in the Check Parameters, everything seems fine:
See PDF in Google Drive (Link below): Check Parameters

Only thing I did not understand why our Linux Contact group is displayed twice in the grouping parameters.
But the Contact Groups and Service Level looks fine so far.

The Problem appears in the Service Overview after applying changes to the system:
See PDF in Google Drive (Link below): Service Overview

The labels look fine so far, but the Contact Grouping and Service Level settings are not the Same as in the parameter view.
See PDF in Google Drive (Link below): Service Overview

It adds our Datacenter Contact group, wich is only added to our “Datacenter” Services and the Service Level is “SLA1 (40)” wich is not defined on the Host and Service.

The rules wich assignes that parameters should be ok for my oppinion:
See PDF in Google Drive (Link below): Monitoring Configuration

I use for our visualization the Nagios Livestatus interface, there i see the same wrong parameters as in the service view in the Check_MK WebUI
See PDF: Livestatus Output

The funny thing is that the assignment of labels to Hosts seems to work fine for me.
When I assign labels to a Host, the hostgroup, contactgroup and Service Levels would be assigned as defined by label.

The reason i want to use labels to make Service based rules is that it would be much easier for our Server Team to add new definitions to a service. They have only to define the two labels for SLA and Grouping and everything else would be done for them. So they have not to add rules to every part in Check_MK and the administration and cleanup of orphaned rules for me would be easier for me.

Does someone have the same problems and knows how to fix that?
I am happy for every note that could resolve my problem.

I had to Upload everything to my Google Drive, because my Account is new :frowning:
Google Drive Files

1 Like

I also noticed that service labels currently seem to only match on the key part before the : and the matching does not include the value.
I have a support ticket open regarding this issue.

Thanks for your relply. I’am glad to head that the problem appears not only on my installation.
Could you inform me about the feedback of your support ticket?

The developers are investigating currently.

Update: Same problem appears when i assign service groups by labels:

Assignment od services to service groups

There’s the same problem as by the contact groups to services.
It will take the wrong one. But in the WATO Configuration page on the defined Parameters for the Service everything looks fine and as it should.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.