Problem with password with special characters in Rule Check SMB share access

**CMK version: Checkmk Raw Edition 2.1.0p11
**OS version: OS: CentOS Linux 7 (Core)

Error message:

Hello together,

We have the problem that we want to monitor Samba shares with the role “Check SMB share access”, but this only works successfully if the password of the user used for the access does not contain special characters.
When I test the access via net use, it works without problem, only Check_MK reports that the user is not correct (Invalid user:).
What is noticeable is that in the service overview the specified share name is displayed as an addition to the name “SMB Share …” without a $ at the end, although it has a $ at the end in the configuration and in the share itself, and that the password in the details for the check under the item “Service check command” is specified with ! although only a ! but no \ occurs in the password.
How to work around this problem, or have I configured something wrong here?

Thanks for helpful answers
many greetings
Sebastian

Output of “cmk --debug -vvn hostname”: (If it is a problem with checks or plugins)

we now have version 2.1.0p20 in use, but the problem still persists.
Are we the only ones who have this problem?
Maybe someone has a similar problem with the password field elsewhere, and knows a way how to mask it.
Thanks to all

As the check_disk_smb is a normal classic Nagios plugin, i think that no big changes happen with newer CMK versions.
The plugin uses the “smbclient” command line tool to check the share access.
You can test on the shell of the CMK server with “smbclient //$host/$share --user=$domain/$user%$password”. Here you can also test how to escape your special characters.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.