Problem with UNKN - Item not found in agent output

Hello community,

we have a problem with a service - specifically it is a “service_kubernetes_dashboard” host. The service is port 80 -> UNKN - Item not found in agent output.

When the host is reinvented, the service disappears, but comes back after 10 minutes. I have now searched the entire forum and unfortunately cannot find a solution. The service is temporarily OK and then jumps back to UNKNOWN.

Can someone help?

A small screenshot with your wrong service would help as i not understand what you mean exactly.

I have a host -> “service_kubernetes_dashboard”.

For a few days now, the service “Port 80” has been flapping, between OK and UNKN. I would like to remove the whole host because I don’t need it (DELETE HOST). Unfortunately, after deleting the host appears again after few minutes.

Apparently there is a periodical discovery somewhere or so, but this option is deactivated.

Check the screenshots.

Can you help me here?

Br
Mili

I tried to do a full scan and reinvent everything, but it again happens. So the Host State ist changing from OK to UNKN and back…

This looks like that you use the enterprise edition and have activated the dynamic configuration.
From some host you get piggyback data and the host is automatically created. Also inside your configuration there is a rule that assigns the service “service_kubernetes_dashboard” to this automatically created host.

First inspect if there is dynamic configuration enabled
Search for a manual check that searches for the “kubernetes-dashboard” service.

Hi Andreas,

thank you for your reply,

it really looks like, that the problem is in the dynamic configuration of the host. Within the host-name “AKS-chloud-master” there are almost 30 connections. In the connection “PG-Connector-Azure-WR-AKS-Prod” there is a assigned host “service_kubernetes_dashboard”. I kicked this host manually out (Delete Host).

So i hope, after the dynamic research the problematic host wont be available anymore…will inform you!

Br
Mili

Hi Andreas,

no it looks like id didnt help - the service is still unknown…or it jumps between unknown and ok…

Can i set something up in in the “Edit dynamic configuration …” windows…

Br
m

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.