Problems are often not showing in the GUI

CMK version: 2.1.0p17
OS version:

Error message:

Output of “cmk --debug -vvn hostname”: (If it is a problem with checks or plugins)

If a plugin is not working correctly then its not shown in the GUI. This problem I had for several plugins now (which are all not solved yet). Why errors of plugins are not just shown in the GUI? They are just not discovered then and without manually check them they you will never see that the check which should be discovered isn’t there actually.

The recent issue is the cmk-update-agent:

# cmk-update-agent show-config
/usr/lib/check_mk_agent/plugins/3600/cmk-update-agent: error while loading shared libraries: libz.so.1: failed to map segment from shared object
  • This is not shown in any service of this host
  • This is also not shown in the View Monitor > System > Agent update status. It just says OK although it shows that the target version is not the version which is installed.
1 Like

Why are you showing the cmk-update-agent and at the same time refers to it as an plugin? its not a plugin, its a command that you need to run to get TLS working. Is that your problem?

I would suggest updating your post to include the OS you are using, as this is very much a OS specific error message. Also, as you are using the enterprise version I would recommend to file a bug report

It is laying in plugins folder… I don’t know if it is a plugin or not. But what is important that this host is registered already or have been registered and is showing OK in the GUI of the “agent upadate status”…

I know that it is not working here because of a OS-specfic error! But this is not what I want to show…

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.