Proxy Error after update from 1.5.0pX to 1.6.0pX

Hi,

After upgrade a from 1.5.0p24 to 1.6.0p19, we couldn’t access anymore to Checkmk. The upgrade ends succefully, but at web appear a Proxy error:

Proxy Error
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /mango.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

When we tried curl to localhost port 5002, we get timeout, so it’s not a proxy fault, seems like site’s apache dont work.

On site’s apache logs we could see the following error. After few months of rollbacks, we still stuck on this error.

ImportError: No module named site

We tried a lot of workaround like change python paths, versions, but all of this actions don’t work.

Thanks a lot. Hope anyone can help us.

Hey Alsa

Did you verify the site is running on port 5002?

What is your output for (as site user):

OMD[SITENAME]:~$ cat etc/apache/listen-port.conf
OMD[SITENAME]:~$ netstat -nlp | grep apache
OMD[SITENAME]:~$ cat etc/apache/proxy-port.conf

Are you using ssl?

Cheers Jens

Hi, thanks for the quickly reply.

No, we dont use ssl. Attach screenshot with commands above.
How can you see, we tried to modify proxy-port.conf, but still error.

Thanks,

You got another site running on port 5000?

If not, seems like this is messed up.

Cheers Jens

Hi,

Yes, i have an other, but its not the problem.
This server its a test server. If i do it in a standalone site server, its the same error.

Okay

Did you make your upgrade in one step? So from 1.5.0p24 directly to 1.6.0p19 ?

Cheers Jens

Hi,

Tried a lot of things. We could update from 1.5.0p4 to 1.5.0p24 without problem. The problem appears when we went from 1.5.0pX to 1.6.0pX. many weeks ago we did it from 1.5.0p24 to 1.6.0p1, but same error.

Thanks,

Hey Alsa

I’m sorry, but I think I can’t help much more right now. I remember having the same issue once, and it helped down/upgrading again, but I`m not sure it will help you, as you did that already.

The update process went through without any errors I assume.

So carefully checking all the logs (apache and cmk web), maybe even checking single requests on the ports itself might help. (443 - apache, 5002 - cmk). See if there is a firewall running (just stop it completely to test) or even see if SELinux is running.

Cheers Jens

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.