Question about users.mk and contacts.mk

These are two standalone instances. I have fixed it like this on 1.5.0p24:

1. Configured the LDAP connection with the restricted filter and synced the users . This way I got the LDAP users which will be added to the monitoring.
  2. Now, copied the following files in the below order from 1.5.0p12 to 1.5.0p24:
    $OMD_ROOT/etc/check_mk/multisite.d/wato/roles.mk
    $OMD_ROOT/etc/check_mk/multisite.d/wato/users.mk
    $OMD_ROOT/etc/check_mk/conf.d/wato/contacts.mk
    $OMD_ROOT/etc/check_mk/conf.d/wato/groups.mk

In users.mk and contacts.mk, I removed the unwanted users and this way it works for me. So, far I have done some basic checks and it looks good. However, I am not sure if this is the right way to solve this.

The site on 1.5.0p24 will be setup in multisite configuration wherein it will push the configuration to slave sites. So, I think the restricted LDAP users will also be available on Slave because I want the WATO config to be pushed from the master to the slave.
In addition, to this, I want to add a old standalone checkmk instace i.e. 1.2.8 in the multisite view. Now to this instance everyone in the company can login. When I add the 1.2.8 in the mulitisite configuration (just as a view only site), Will these restricted users be synced there as well or I shouldn’t do that since its a site with an older version ?