Registration to automatic updates not working when there is a second checkmk setup

CMK version: 2.1.0p17
OS version:

Error message:

Output of “cmk --debug -vvn hostname”: (If it is a problem with checks or plugins)

We have set up a new checmk setup in parallel. The agent registration was working fine:

# cmk-agent-ctl status
Version: 2.1.0p17
Agent socket: operational
IP allowlist: any

Connection: cmk01:8000/cn_central
	UUID: 02f544eb-2c4c-4e00-8e64-352682ed49ee
	Local:
		Connection type: pull-agent
		Certificate issuer: Site 'cn_central' local CA
		Certificate validity: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 15:59:24 +0000 - Sat, 17 Mar 3021 15:59:24 +0000
	Remote:
		Registration state: operational
		Host name: db01

Connection: cmk-central01:8000/cn_central
	UUID: 2fb06867-aac5-4ffd-8a11-204e095adac9
	Local:
		Certificate issuer: Site 'cn_central' local CA
		Certificate validity: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 15:05:40 +0000 - Sat, 17 Mar 3021 15:05:40 +0000
	Remote:
		Registration state: operational
		Host name: db01

But since then the automatic agents always got the error, that this host is not registered for deployment. Also after deleting the state file and re-register.
In the first checkmk-central-server cmk01 I CANNOT see it listed in the “Agent update status” view. But in the second-central server cmk-central01 I can see it. But the first one is in the config that this is still the one where it should get it’s agent from.

Not sure this is the reason but both of your sites are called “central”? I guess you don’t run them on the same server as that would not be possible.

A better output would be the host REGISTRATION process, not your certs.

Maybe I found what the reason could be… I will check on Monday if the Ansible rolle installed the Agent of the new host and thats why it’s maybe not working.
But anyway I don’t understand why this is the case. Because the agent of the new server got the config that it should connect to the old one…

@Anders what you mean by “host registration process” ? And yeah I am at the moment got 2 servers which will be migrated (via backup and restore) to the new server later. But I test both in parallel.
The agent is registered fine… Recent and new server can collect data from the agent. The problem is the “agent updater” which cannot register anymore correctly.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact an admin if you think this should be re-opened.