Reschedule daily check

Hi

I’ve seen that the APT check creates a little high cpu spike if the check is running.
So I created a dir 86400 under /usr/lib/check_mk/plugins and moved the mk_apt plugin there.
Now the plugin will be executed only once per day which is fine.

but when i check my dashboard the next morning, I have then a lot of apt criticals and I patch them.
Now I cannot reschedule the check anymore and I have to wait until the next day.
Is there a solution to easy get rid of these critical message so that I have a clean dashboard after I’ve upgraded all my Debian Boxes?

See the manual for the APT check (locally on the APT service page or on the web: APT: Normal and Security Updates)

If updates are performed on a host the WARN and CRIT state will remain until the next check interval. To invalidate the cached data and to trigger the check execution immediately, you can run the command:
touch -t 197012081200 /var/lib/check_mk_agent/cache/*mk_apt.cache
If you don’t want to invalidate the cache manually you can copy the apt hook under ~/share/doc/check_mk/treasures/mk_apt_hook to /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/98mk-apt.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.