RRDs never created for certain hosts

CMK version: 2.0.0p23.cee
OS version: Ubuntu 20.04

Error message:
Cannot create graph
Cannot get RRD data for <network>.225/Filesystem C://fs_size

Output of “cmk --debug -vvn hostname”: (If it is a problem with checks or plugins)

Hello, all.

I noticed today that some of our hosts/services are not storing data, and we get the above “Cannot create graph” and “Cannot get RRD data” errors when trying to open the graphs for services.

I see others had similar problems and resolved it by using the newer RRD rules, but even after I implemented those I still have the same issues. If I run the upgrade function, I get the following errors:

OMD[<site>]:/opt/omd/sites/<site>/var/pnp4nagios/perfdata/<network>.225$ cmk -vv --convert-rrds <network>.225
<network>.225:
Loading autochecks from /omd/sites/<site>/var/check_mk/autochecks/<network>.225.mk
CPU utilization PNP → CMCWARNING: XML /opt/omd/sites/<site>/var/pnp4nagios/perfdata/<network>.225/CPU_utilization.xml refers to not existing RRD /opt/omd/sites/<site>/var/pnp4nagios/perfdata/<network>.225/CPU_utilization_util.rrd. Nothing to convert. Cleanup the XML file manually in case this is OK.
WARNING: XML /opt/omd/sites/<site>/var/pnp4nagios/perfdata/<network>.225/CPU_utilization.xml refers to not existing RRD /opt/omd/sites/<site>/var/pnp4nagios/perfdata/<network>.225/CPU_utilization_user.rrd. Nothing to convert. Cleanup the XML file manually in case this is OK.
WARNING: XML /opt/omd/sites/<site>/var/pnp4nagios/perfdata/<network>.225/CPU_utilization.xml refers to not existing RRD /opt/omd/sites/<site>/var/pnp4nagios/perfdata/<network>.225/CPU_utilization_privileged.rrd. Nothing to convert. Cleanup the XML file manually in case this is OK.
WARNING: XML /opt/omd/sites/<site>/var/pnp4nagios/perfdata/<network>.225/CPU_utilization.xml refers to not existing RRD /opt/omd/sites/<site>/var/pnp4nagios/perfdata/<network>.225/CPU_utilization_cpus.rrd. Nothing to convert. Cleanup the XML file manually in case this is OK.
HOST: <network>.225
ERROR: you must define at least one Data Source

Data still appears for all the services (picked up by a combination of the CMK agent and piggyback data, but no historical data is available.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tralin

Hi Tralin,
please checkout our KB manual about RRD: RRD - Checkmk Knowledge Base - Checkmk Knowledge Base

BR
Anastasios

Thanks, athomaidis!

After creating the rules for “Configuration of RRD databases of hosts” and “Configuration of RRD databases of services”, I shutdown the CMK site and then went into the affects hosts at /opt/omd/sites/site/var/pnp4nagios/perfdata/host and ran: cmk -vv --convert-rrds --delete-rrds host

This would give the above results, and then I would just delete each .xml file that it complained about, rerun the convert-rrds command again, and repeat the process until I had no more errors.

Thanks again,
Tralin

1 Like