Server status in check_mk

I have created the folder properties for hosts in check_mk as follows

But when i see the server i am getting these services as well

I want to see only Ping check Applied for the servers where i selected No Agent something like this How can I fix the issue which I am seeing

I don’t think the the host shown in your screenshot has the config with “No agent” and “No SNMP”.
You see it on the received error text. --> “[agent] Communication failed…”
Check the WATO config of this host and active any changes.

1 Like

if you see my first screen shot i have update it as NO Agent and No SNMP but still for some reason it is picking up the values

If you only set the folder properties then the host can have different explizit settings.
Please check your host inside WATO directly and if this not helps you can also do a “cmk -D hostname” to see the result on the command line.

1 Like

I found one more issue when i am clicking the host in Problems or in stale and once it redirects to the host page i see that it is Up & Running.

Is there any way we can resolve this issue

Again - show the output of a “cmk -D hostname” from the command line of your monitoring instance.
Without the knowledge if the host is configured correctly or not, it is not possible to say anything.

cmk -D

Addresses: ********* Tags: [Agenttype:cmk-agent], [ApigeeAzure:ApigeeAzure], [ApigeeServers:ENABLED], [Application:Default], [Custom_Rules_DNM:Ignore_Rule], [Exchange:NotExchange], [Hyper-V:Not_Hyper-V], [MSSQL:Not_MSSQL], [MaintenanceMode:None], [PrintServer:NotPrintServer], [QNXT56:Enabled], [SNMP:snmp1], [Telecom_exclusion:TelecomExclusion], [Ticketing:True], [UPS:NotUPS], [Windows_Services:Not_Monitored], [address_family:ip-v4-only], [agent:all-agents], [criticality:prod], [ip-v4:ip-v4], [networking:lan], [os:unk_os], [piggyback:auto-piggyback], [site:NMSLAVE14], [snmp_ds:no-snmp], [tcp:tcp], [tier:tier1], [webserver_technology:none] Labels: Host groups: Apigee Contact groups: all Agent mode: Normal Checkmk agent, all configured special agents Type of agent: TCP: 10.240.0.153:6556 Process piggyback data from /omd/sites/master/tmp/check_mk/piggyback/hostname Services: checktype item params description groups --------- ---- ------ ----------- ------

Please format the output.

With the option image
But i see already that the host has a configured CMK agent.

Number 1 is not a system tag. It looks like the old agent tag from before 1.6
but “tcp:tcp” is set and also the “cmk-agent” tag is there. It is not important that it belongs to a different tag group. In the end this means agent is active on this host.

Yes but it is showing in Host problems in the screen please refer to the screenshot
When I open the host problems screen the server with 06 is showing as down.

When I open the server in a sperate tab is shows as up,please refer to the screenshot for the same.

How this can be fixed,even the same case i am seeing with stale entries

That’s are an other question as before. Configure not the “Smart Ping” as host check but the classic ping like your active ping check shown in the screenshot. Without so see more information this is the only advice i can give.
If booth use the same IP it must work.
Rule “host check command”

these are the current rules configured for ping

And? Try to configure an normal Ping as the host check command for the problem host.

you want me to create it in Networking ping & host check parameters?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.