Service Groups hidden for non-admins

When logging in as a user with the default “monitoring user” role (or when checking the “Only show hosts and services the user is a contact for” box in the profile of an admin user), I only see one of my service groups.

This group is the only one that only contains services I’m a contact for. So all others seem to be hidden, because they also contain services I’m not a contact for.

Note that I can see the services themselves alright, at least those I’m a contact for. Just not their groups.

This feels like a bug, or am I missing something?

This is correct as you can configure the “Authorization settings” against the core.

Global Settings - Monitoring Core

Can you check how the setting is in your case?
This settings shown is the default. Your description looks like the “Host-/Servicegroups” is set to strict.

I’m on CRE 2.0, and for the life of it, I cannot find this setting - neither by browsing nor by searching.

But the name “Authorization settings” led me to Werk 8055, which sounds like its a setting from CEE, and the behavior I’m seeing simply is the way it is with Nagios (and hence CRE). That would be too bad, because it makes service groups basically unusable in our setting.

With CRE you must configure this setting in the Nagios core config.
Search for the livestatus module include and there you have this as an command line option for the module.

This is an old thread with description how to modify these settings

1 Like

Thank you so much! I would never have found that option (or the thread, for that matter).

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed. Contact @fayepal if you think this should be re-opened.